Tuesday 13 August 2019

Probability - word art

Hi today we have been doing word art related to word art and my word art looks like this

we had to write down as much probability as we could, if you don't know what probability is it is well let me show you
here's a scale 0-----0/5-----1 so the zero is impossible and 1 is certain and the 0/5 is equal so technically in between those is the words that are used in my word art for example: If i had a bag of lollies and the colours are 2 greens, 1 blue, 4 purples and 1 yellow and if i grab one what's the chance of me getting a yellow well that's 1/8 because you just count all the lollies together then count the possible answer like, if i had 1 yellow then i would put on the numerator 1 and the denominator is 8 so that would be 1/8.

Here's some for you...
I have a bag of marbles their colours are 1 white, 1 green and 4 blues, what is the probability of getting a 
1. green?
2. blue?
3. red? (if you don't know this one move on)

what is the probability of NOT getting a
1. blue?
2. white?
3. purple?

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this post Jackie !! Well done. Great examples of words we use in probability shown on your art and good questions asked. Maybe post the answers next time ?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackie is Jacquelyn from Kawakawa Primary School (aka Jacque0 I really like the word art that you've done, it reminds me of the one we got at the end of last year from our teachers. I think that it ended up in the rubbish, don't tell my teachers that haha. Your word art has made me want to make one of my own. Come and check out my blog and see what we be getting up to while you guys get to do fun stuff. https://kpsjacquelym.blogspot.com. Keep up the great year in college :)

    ReplyDelete