Monday 15 May 2017

language features

last week we have been learning about eels we had to do it in silent writing and it was great it got me thinking about all the information that popped up in my mind about eels. So I gathered all the information I had in my mind and this is what I got. So I think this might be enough information for you guys maybe for ideas that pops up in your mind that's good.

 Habitat
Short finned eels are often found in rivers, lakes and swamps. Short finned eels like to live far away from long finned eels so they can live in peace. Adult eels live a short life from 13-23 or 24. Long finned eels are maybe hard to find if you don’t know where to look.
       
                                                 Appearance
The eels live in rivers, creeks and oceans they live a short life then we do. When they try to live their life people go hunting for some eels but eels blend in with the bottom of the ocean so it's hard for people to catch them with their hands. Some eels are scared of people some eels try to scare them away to protect their little ones. Some eels are scared terrified even but when they grow up they start learning that some things are not quite scary after all. When they breathe in and suck up water or dirty water it helps them swim faster and better it also helps them to catch other things in the water or the ocean.
                                                    
                       Diet
Whatever the eels eat depends on the size of any creature that crawls around the ocean. They eat slimy & slithery sea creatures they also eat snails all of those slimy & crawly creatures help them to get bigger and stronger. Long finned eels like to eat other eels and they eat anything that they can find out in the oceans, swamps and creeks. Short finned eels like to eat little thing like snails for instance long finned eels like to eat big things like seagulls and other eels I think they eat seagulls.

2 comments:

  1. Hi i am Hamish from Oamaru Intermediate we also were writing reports last term.Great report

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Jackie,wow that is so cool you've taught me a thing or two that I didn't know about eel's. I must admit reading your story about eels reminded of your uncles in waiomio because they do the best smoked eels I've ever tried.say hi to Cj for me, miss and love yous .Uncle lambros .

    ReplyDelete