Saturday 27 August 2016

I have been learning how to put details in my writing, but the hard part is that it was difficult to try to make sense, the good part is that I used higher words, I need to stop using trash words.

The Olympic Underwater Hurdles         

Today I did a underwater hurdle but this time I was racing with six larger men and women. It was a great day my heart was pounding very slowly that time it’s a very hot hot day. So my best friend planned to do a underwater racing day under the sea. It was so far where we were there were a lot of fish I thought to myself “I guess this is where the reef is”. Then my hand’s were wobbly and my legs were shaking very much because I never got the chance to even sit down I struggled to stand back up because I had got stuck in some seaweed. I tried to escape but it made it worst my best friend  knew that I was not coming up so she brought a knife just in case. She saw me underwater because she popped her head in. She suited herself up. She put her flipper’s on. She knew that I never had enough oxygen to breath in. I screamed “Help help” she came down and cut the seaweed with her knife then I gobbled up some water. When I reached the top I saw the sunlight appear it was so beautiful sunset my best friend yelled “this is madness” but she yelled in the water lucky for that. Then I started to stretch out in the water but I came third place. The sea was bright blue, the fish in the reef was shining lightly and brightly then it was time for a nap. I woke up feeling sore and pain from underwater they told me in a manly voice “Because you came third you need to do another one tomorrow”I asked myself “Why” and it was now time for sleep.

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I’m Waiheke from
    Room 3 and I really like your work did you make it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Jackie my name is tui and I am from waima school and I want to say that I love swimming and watching the Olympic on my big tv.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie I saw your blog. The one I loved the underwater hurdles. But you're Lucky your friend saved you but i hope you are all right but the thing that i like about it how write it you told how you feel when you almost drowned

    ReplyDelete